Faculty Professional Development
Posted by Joanna on September 17, 2015
ASM is a vibrant community of learners. This holds true of the adults as well as your children! In order to provide the best learning experience for your children, our faculty and staff are committed to life-long learning and to understanding the continual evolution of the science of education.
This past summer ASM’s faculty and staff engaged in a broad array of professional course work to expand their knowledge base and skill set:
- Montessori Children’s House Training
- Montessori Advanced Assistant’s Overview
- Montessori Elementary I Program
- Master’s degree in Education
- Brains at Risk: Different Children, Different Needs
- Wilson Fundations Language training
- WPI Teaching and Learning with STEM Projects
- Robotics for Educators
- Massachusetts Science and Engineering Fair Workshop
- PTC STEM Certificate Program
- Code.org computer science training
- Connected Mathematics Program
There are many reasons that I feel fortunate to be leading ASM. High on my list is the fact that I am surrounded by professionals who are passionate about their work, meeting the needs of each individual student and preparing them to succeed in life. I am also grateful for the many parents who made a contribution to the 2014-2015 Annual Fund which helped to offset the cost of this training.
The first line of our mission statement reads “ASM students will be learners for life: confident, independent, and always striving to enrich their lives by learning.” I want to thank my faculty and staff for being excellent role models to our students.